Sunday, January 1, 2017

Week Three!

Feliz Natal everyone!!! It has been such an amazing week!!

Elder Oaks came and talked to us on Christmas!!!  His spirit is undeniable. 

My lessons with my investigators are improving! I am able to begin to speak from the heart when I am talking to them in Portuguese! That has been a really good feeling. 

I think I have a new skill. I am able to fall asleep anywhere I want! I fall asleep so much, and at least once a day. hahah I have never been so tired in my life!

MIRACLE(S) OF THE WEEK

1) Getting to talk to my family was so nice but it was really hard. I went back to my classroom afterwards and my whole district was there and the atmosphere that they bring is so amazing. I love each of them so much and I can feel the love coming from them and it really helped lift my spirits. We went and played games and it made me forget about my worries and have fun

2) We had a christmas devotional last night and it was DAVID ARCHULETA. He came and sang Christmas songs and it was so awesome. But if you know me you know my favorite hymn is Be still my soul, specifically the version he sings. I even wear a ring every day that says "be still my soul" (Shout out to Sister Maddie Seamons who got it made for me) I wasn't  expecting him to sing it but I was hoping really really hard that he would, but I didn't have high expectations. Then he read a verse in D&C 9 (the one the song is based off of) and he said "I am going to sing a song that means a lot to me. Its not a Christmas song but I hope it will still touch your hearts" AND THEN HE SANG BE STILL MY SOUL. I started crying when he first started to sing it. It was amazing. It literally was on my bucket list to hear specifically David Archuleta sing that song and it was amazing. Thats two things that have been crossed off my bucket list since I have gotten here (David and Holland)

3) After David Archuleta sang I got to go shake his hang and as I was walking away I saw Sherri Berry!!!!! She is one of my very close friends and I care about her so much and it was so amazing to see a familiar face. I hugged her and cried and it was so amazing. In my opinion a Christmas miracle because there were so many people in the gym and my odds were very slim of seeing her. It was the cherry on top of a slightly bitter but mostly very sweet day. Shout out to Sherry who stayed late to try to find me! I love you!

That sums up my week!! Thank you to everyone who sent me something for Christmas! Shout out to the Seamons for the cake and cinnamon rolls! as delicious as they were it meant more that you were thinking about me. Oh and my district thanks you for those as well hahahaha. Shout out to my mom for an amazing Christmas package and for everyone who wrote a letter to put in it. I love you all and miss you like crazy but i know i am where I am meant to be! I can do hard things!

-- 
Sister Ostler

No comments:

Post a Comment