Monday, January 23, 2017

Hermana Ostlers First Week In the Field!

Ola! Or I guess I should say Hola.... because I am spanish speaking now.

This week has been a whirlwind. It has been one of the hardest weeks of my mission. I am in California now. My companions are great!

The language is soooo hard. I don't know what to do about it. In my language study every day I study Portuguese for an hour, because I don't know when I will be shipped off to Brazil. No news on the visa yet BTW. I don't understand one bit of Spanish. You would think that learning Portuguese would have helped me in my efforts with spanish but it just made it harder. I still, after a week, cant even put one sentence together in Spanish. I just sit quietly during lessons because I don't understand, and If I did, I wouldn't even know what to say back. God is definitley trying me right now, but I am trying to look for the reasons I am supposed to be here.

We knock doors for 2 hours a day. its about %50 English and Spanish so I can contribute a little bit there. We found an awesome investigator through knocking and it was great but we then had to give her to the English missionaries and that sucks. But I enjoy being able to teach the gospel those 2 hours. 

FUNNY STORY
We knocked doors and st up an appointment with an investigator  named Amber. She was kinda weird, but we went back the next day and taught her a lesson. SHES A NUDIST.  She was naked. So was her family. We got out of there real quick.

I had my first baptisms on Saturday. Even though I didn't understand what was going on the spirit was wonderful and I was happy that Ana and Jose were happy

My favorite time of the day is study time. It is great. I get to work on my Portuguese (I never realized how much I would miss it) and Just spend time growing closer to God.

I have another scheduled baptism on the 14th and I am very excited. We are also planning a wedding!!

I am always tired and always hungry somehow. The mission is not what I expected but I am learning to roll with the punches and "come what may and love it." That is my goal this week! To find the positive in every situation. 

I love and miss you all and can't wait to eventually get to Brasil!! Tchou


-- 
Sister Ostler

No comments:

Post a Comment